Saturday, October 27, 2007

Coming to a end....








Well, we have spent our last full day in Africa and it has been a great vacation. I’m excited to come home to see some family and friends and relax a little in my home. Overall, things have gone quite well for me here and I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers that have been offered on my behalf. I’m quite happy for having achieved my goal of visiting all seven continents on one passport. Today I rode in a helicopter over Victoria Falls, although it is not quite the wet season the Falls are still spectacular and I can only imagine how they must look during high water season. Tonight all eight of us rode on a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River immediately above the Falls and saw a few more hippos and even some elephants crossing the river. This is truly a remarkable area. I’d like to thank Gavin for all of the work and time he has put into this blog. I’ve really enjoyed reading all of the comments people have offered, and it has proven to be a great means of keeping everybody updated on the trip and my condition. I know I have been truly blessed in being able to do this trip. I am very thankful!

See you all in SLC! Levi.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Your sunset photos are awesome.
Victoria Falls sounds wonderful.

Analee said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe that I am actually the first one to blog! Me, who is at least 2 hours behind everyone else. I feel honored! I'm so glad that you had such an incredible journey. It is truly amazing to see the wilds of Africa from your point of view. This earth is truly a miracle, and it is evident everywhere we go. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with all of us who couldn't go with you personally. I know that those who are with you in person feel very blessed to have shared this experience with you, too. You are truly AWESOME!! I have you have a safe trip back, and I hope to see you somewhere in the near future. I love you!!!

Analee

Analee said...

BLAST!!! Anonymous barely beat me to the punch!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home!! We are looking forward to seeing you soon. The blog has been totally wonderful- we feel like we've been to Africa!! Love to you all, Kris & Don

Anonymous said...

To the entire traveling company, I would just say "way to go". It has been so fun and rewarding for me to have this vicarious adventure with you, and I'm so glad that you were able to go. God's speed and care to all of you on your journey home. I look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Anonymous said...

God Bless each and everyone of you.

Sincerely, Dave,Ang,Luke and Gracie

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Levi! It has been a wonderful thing to be able to keep in touch with you through this blog, and THANK YOU GAVIN!!!! This blog is amazing, and you are wonderful for setting it up. This has been an awesome trip for all of us, even though we weren't there with you. Thanks to Gavin and Sy's photography, and you, Levi, it has been a GREAT experience. I am really forward to seeing you sometime in the near future. Have a safe trip home, and let me know when you have recovered from the jet lag, and we can talk on the phone. I LOVE YOU!!!

Leanne

Anonymous said...

Can't think of appropriate words to say. Just thank you for sharing your trip with us. We have had an uplifting experience following your blog. So glad you were able to visit Africa as well as the other six continents. We look forward to seeing your Mom's thousands of pictures. Will probably have to take a month's vacation to do so. We love you Levi! Have a safe and wonderful trip home. Weldon and Linda

Anonymous said...

Saint Gavin (as you are now affectionately known in the hearts of all of us devoted levistrong blog readers), you will all no doubt be exhausted when you arrive in Salt Lake City.

Is is possible to post an arrival update on the blog, even a short one, so we can know you all arrived back home safe and sound?

An appreciative daily reader.

abbie said...

I'm so jealous of that helicopter ride, Levi! I've never even been on one, let alone one over Victoria Falls!!!

The sunset cruise on the Zambezi River sounds amazing. It reminds me of that little boat ride we took when we were in Paris in 1998. I can't remember if we were allowed alcohol on that trip, but it looks like you were properly celebrating there! (Please tell me it's not sparkling cider! haha)

xoxoxo
abbie